From the product description on amazon.com:
This game is a clever variation on the classic card game, Spit. As cards are turned face up on the table, you must try to get rid of the cards in your draw pile by matching at least one characteristic on the card (color, shape, or count). These cards are colorfully designed with stars, moons, triangles, and more. You can only have three cards in your hand at one time, but may continue to pick cards from your draw pile as soon as you discard. Includes 60 Symbol cards and instructions.Educational Benefits of Blink Card Game
As a teacher, here's what I like.
- Children have to think about three attributes of their cards, color, shape, and count.
- It's great for working memory. Players need to keep in mind the attributes of their cards and the the ones on top of the discard pile.
- Children learn to make quick decisions under pressure, but the pressure is harmless.
- Unlike a regular deck of playing cards, if you lose a few it doesn't really matter.
- It's easy to handicap the faster players to keep the game competitive; just deal them more cards than the slower players.
More Card Games for Learning
Read about how to teach math with UNO.